Phil Fanning crowned ‘Best Chef’ at top industry awards
Phil Fanning, Head Chef at Paris House restaurant in Woburn picked up gold at this year’s annual Hi-Life Dining Awards, where he won the much sought after ‘Best Chef’ award sponsored by Dawnvale. As Bedfordshire’s only Michelin-starred restaurant and set in 22 acres of stunning deer park on the historic Woburn Estate, the restaurant has won numerous awards and is a ‘must-do’ for food-lovers.
Phil went head to head in a final cook-off competition with Tom van Zeller, Enzo Mauro and Christopher Cleghorn filmed at Dawnvale’s recently launched North West Design Centre’s theatre kitchen.
Elizabeth Carter, Editor of the Good Food Guide and Food Writer and Restaurant Critic Matthew Norman from the Daily Telegraph were joined by Hi-Life member and Sponsor Denise Jones of Dawnvale.
This year’s Hi-Life Awards (www.hi-life.co.uk) or HILDAs as they are fondly known in the industry took place on Friday 3rd February, 2012 at The Midland Hotel, Manchester.
The Hi-Life Dining Awards are considered the leading food and drink awards in the industry, with nominees and winners voted for by the dining public.
Presented by TV presenter and journalist Paul Ross, guests enjoyed a champagne reception followed by a four-course dinner and a glittering line-up of first-class entertainment including American singing sensation Gwen Dickey of Rose Royce fame.
Stars from stage, screen and sport presented thirteen awards to some of the best restaurants and chefs in the UK and Ireland.
Said Lisa Lund, Hi-Life’s Commercial Director:
“Tonight was a fantastic showcase of the very best in dining excellence and congratulations to all our winners and short-listed entries. The calibre of participants this year has been exceptionally high. With more sponsors and partners than ever before this has been our most successful event to date and I would like to thank everyone for their wonderful support and enthusiasm, including, in particular, our loyal Hi-Life Dining Club members and restaurants.”
This year’s nominated charity was the Five Stars Appeal. A live auction and raffle raised over £10,000 pounds for the charity.
- Best Newcomer - Bem Brasil, Deansgate, Manchester
- Best Restaurant Group/Chain - Prezzo, Essex
- Best Dining Atmosphere - Rhubarb Food Design, London
- Best Ireland - The Cloth Ear, Belfast
- Best Scotland - The Howgate Restaurant & Bistro, Midlothian
- Best Yorkshire & North East - van Zeller Restaurant, Harrogate
- Best North West - Grenache, Walkden, Worsley
- Best South England - Oakbridge Wines
- Best Platinum - Pecks Restaurant, Congleton
- Best Chef - Phil Fanning, Paris House Restaurant, Woburn
- Best Telegraph Subscriber Dining Club Restaurant - Crab & Lobster , Thirsk
- Best Overall - Michael Caines, ABode Chester
- Special Recognition - The Living Room Restaurant & Bar
- Bartle Hall Country Hotel
- The Residence Hotel
- Taking Theatre kitchen to a new level
- Nutters Bar & Restaurant refurbishment
- Dawnvale appointed as Main Contractor in Liverpool...
- Mere Spa & Health Club
- Kro Bars
- Northern Bar & Restaurant show
- Inamo Restaurant London
- Special Offfers
- Yee Rah - Fast Track Refurbishment
- Westfield Stratford City shopping centre open!
- Christmas & The Mere
- Hi-Life Celebrates its shining stars
- University of Sheffield Union of Students Bar One
- Hi-Life Diners Club Newsletter - Issue 7
- North West Design Centre hosts Hi-Life Best Chef Cook-Off!
- Phil Fanning crowned ‘Best Chef’ at top industry awards